*Book cover photo compliments of Chronicle Books and Domenica Marchetti
BONUS ENTRIES: Each entry comment counts as a SEPARATE entry in the giveaway! To enter giveaways:
1. Please follow on twitter @domenicacooks
2. Please follow @cakeduchess on twitter
3. Another way to win: Tweet the following: YOU should enter the GIVEAWAY to WIN Big Night In by @domenicacooks from @cakeduchess. Enter here: http://tinyurl.com/24z7sl3
4. If you Facebook, LIKE Cake Duchess’ here on Facebook.
5. Leave a comment on this post! You are encouraged to share a comment about Domenica’s Big Night In or any other thoughts.
6. If you RT or post on your Facebook page this giveaway post link, you get an additional entry. Please drop me an additional comment on this post saying that you did so.
7. Become a “follower” of Cake Duchess’ blog.
8. Sign up for our RSS Feed/Email Subscription
9. Drawing will be done randomly from all comments recorded by Sunday, December 5 by midnight and lucky winner-will announced on Monday, December 6.
10. Shipping only in the US. I apologize to my international friends.
11. Don’t forget to go to Shulie’s site and enter the giveaway there!
That’s EIGHT chances to win! Do the math: the more entries you make, the better your chances are to WIN! Again, you MUST leave a separate comment for each entry to count : )
Let’s get on to my FABULOUS Holiday cookie recipe!!
Chocolate Hazelnut Kiss Cookie
yield: approximately 40 cookies (depending on how close to 1-inch round you make the cookie balls. Don’t worry, you can eat the extra Kisses while the cookies are baking;)
2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour, plus more for the work surface
2 cups confectioner’s sugar
1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt or table salt
1 cup butter, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
4 large egg yolks
2/3 cups unsweetened cocoa
1 cup finely chopped hazelnuts, toasted (approximately-I had some leftover)
40 Hershey’s Kisses
Preheat oven to 350. Prepare your cookie sheets with parchment paper.
If you do not want to make the dough in a food processor, you can let the butter soften and you can mix the batter with a hand mixer. Email me if you need help with those directions.
Bake with your little ones. If you don’t have little ones, bake with your neighbor’s kids! My little guy loved to roll out his own cookies!
He was ready to add Kisses even when it wasn’t time to add them!!